AMMA Safety Committee Mission Statement:
To provide safety assistance to all members of AMMA through proactive training programs, expert knowledge and aggressive safety monitoring in an effort to ensure Naval readiness by preventing accidents, incidents, and mishaps.
It shall be the policy of the American Maritime Modernization Association (AMMA) to work as a team to promote sound safety, health and environmental practices. These values shall be the objective of the Committee and will benefit businesses, employees, customers and the community.
- The AMMA Safety Committee will work as a team to encourage the following practices through education, mentoring of its members and sharing of ideas:
- To conduct business in a manner that will provide a safe and healthful workplace for all employees and to protect the public and environment.
- To strive as a team to eliminate all accidents and environmental incidents.
- To work to improve processes and maintain a commitment to comply with Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations.
- To encourage communication with AMMA member employees, suppliers, customers, neighbors and stockholders in managing safety, health and environmental issues.
- To maintain high standards, efficiency and quality workmanship through a dedicated commitment to safety, health and environmental practices by a continuous improvement of processes and procedures.
Wally Finn, Safety Chairman